What should I do if I'm in a Auto Accident?
Accident scenes can be very shocking, especially right after the impact occurs. Try to remain calm and do the following:
- Stop your vehicle. If you drive away, you could be charged with a “hit and run.”
- If you are blocking traffic in a dangerous place, pull off to the side of the road or into a well-lit parking lot.
- Contact the authorities. Try to assess the scene if anyone else is hurt. Otherwise, wait for the ambulance and/or police.
- Turn off your engine and wait for assistance.
- Be courteous to all parties.
- If you suspect the other driver may be drunk, do not confront him or her. Tell the police and let them handle the situation.
- Make sure you are as calm as possible before making any statements or talking to the police.
- Take photos before you leave the scene.
- Avoid making statements about responsibility to the other driver, witnesses, police or anyone else. Do not state that you are at fault, even if you think you may have caused the accident.
- Contact your insurance company once you are calm and have gathered pertinent information. They will likely interview you on the spot and request photos.
- Acquire a copy of the police report.
- Call us for assistance with repairs to your vehicle.
What should I do after a car accident?
Here are some tips for dealing with the aftermath of an accident.
- Do not drive your car if it is unsafe. If you can safely drive your vehicle, bring it to us as soon as possible.
- If you cannot operate your car, truck or SUV, call us and we can tow your vehicle.
- Remember that you have the right to go to the repair shop of your choice. Your insurance company or the other drivers insurance cannot require you to go to a particular repair shop.
- Differences in repair estimates are common. It is your vehicle, you deserve the highest quality repairs. Read the fine print and consider carefully before you accept the lowest repair estimate.
Can my Insurance company require me to get 3 estimates or require me to go to another shop to meet their adjuster?
Tell them NO and you are dropping your car off at the shop of your choice to get repaired and the adjuster can inspect your car there with the bodyshop manager. It is your car and you have the right to get your car fixed where you want. We work for you, not the insurance company.
How quickly can I get my car back?
Once we write your estimate, it is approved and you authorize us to begin work, we will set up a time line and let you know when your vehicle will be ready. It may take a few days in order to deliver the best work. If you need to get back on the road before then, we will be happy to set up a rental car for you, and in many cases can communicate with your insurance company to handle the payment.
Do you charge for estimates?
At Texas Body Works we are happy to provide FREE ESTIMATES! Contact us now to schedule your free estimate!
Are Auto Body & Collision Repairs Guaranteed or Warrantied?
Yes. We provide a written guarantee of workmanship and a lifetime warranty on all auto body repairs and painting.
Is there a warranty on Auto Body Repair Work?
Yes! Texas Body Work provide a written guarantee of workmanship and a lifetime warranty on all auto body repairs and painting. Please feel free to ask one our associates any questions regarding our Warranty.
Do you have Rental Cars or Courtesy Vehicle Available Onsite?
Texas Body Works is proud to offer Onsite Rental Cars for our customers. Our fleet of rental cars include standard sedans, SUV’s and Luxury Vehicles. Please feel free to contact us for Rental Car availability or rates.
How Long Does Collision Repair Take? How Long Till My Car is Finished?
This is one of the most common questions we receive from customer for collision repair. There are a variety of factors that are taken into consideration such as:
- Insurance Approval to begin work
- Parts Availability
- Amount of work needed to vehicle
- Insurance Supplements for Additional Hours or Parts
- How busy the shop is currently
- Holiday Hours
The team at Texas Body Works will do our best to update you on the most accurate time frame or schedule needed to complete your vehicles repairs.
Is Your Car Covered While it's in the Shop?
Texas Body Works carries a full line of Insurance including Fire, Theft and General Liability as required by the State of Texas. As for your vehicle it’s important to not stop paying your insurance premium while it’s in the shop. Your Insurance Company may enforce a penalty if you allow your insurance premium to lapse.
Wil the Paint Match The Rest of My Car?
Most Cars have a paint code that is engraved or displayed on certain areas of the Vehicle. This paint code is the exact mixture of paint codes need to produce the factory color of paint that is on your vehicle. We use this exact paint code to match the new paint needed for your car.
How Quickly Can I Wash or Detail My Car After Repair or Painting?
At Texas Body Works we take great pride in delivering our customers cars washed and clean. After Collision Repair and Painting your car is properly buffed, washed and polished to deliver a factory shine. Unless instructed by one of our Team Members your Car can be washed or detailed directly after picking your vehicle up.
Does Texas Body Works Have Certified Technicians?
Our Team of Collision Repair experts at Texas Body Works is proud to be I-CAR and ASE Certified. In addition to our Certified Auto Body Repair Technicians we are pleased to offer a Lifetime Warranty and Workmanship Guarantee.
Can I get a full copy of my Auto Body Repair Estimate?
Absolutely! We provide each customer with a complete and itemized estimate detailing the complete repair, payment policy and warranty information.
What Insurance Companies do you work with?
Texas Body Works is happy to work with all Insurance Providers including State Farm, Allstate, Geico, Progressive, Travelers, Metlife, USAA, Nationwide, Liberty Mutual, Safeco, Esurance, Auto-Owners Insurance, AAA, Farmers & more.
My Car needs to be towed to your shop, can you help?
Yes! We offer Towing assistance to all of our customers, please contact us at (972) 250-6722 if you need towing assistance.