Renter agrees by Renter’s signature on the Summary (the “Summary”) that Renter has read, is aware of, accepts full responsibility for and is bound by the terms and conditions contained in the Summary and these Additional Terms and Conditions (collectively the “Agreement”), for the Rental Period whether or not subsequent Agreements are executed by Renter or if Owner assigns a new rental agreement number during the Rental Period for the purpose of invoicing Renter. Renter agrees that electronic signatures have the same force and effect as manual signatures. Renter expressly acknowledges that Renter and Owner are the only parties to the Agreement, notwithstanding that a reservation for Vehicle may have been arranged by a third party; that a third party may pay for all or part of the rental bill; and/or that a third party may negotiate certain terms of the rental, including but not limited to the type of Vehicle, length of rental, rental rate and/or selection of optional products. For matters arising from the Agreement, Renter authorizes Owner to verify and/or obtain through credit agencies or other sources Renter’s personal, credit and/or insurance information. The Agreement, is the entire Agreement between Renter and Owner and cannot be altered by another document or oral agreement unless agreed to in writing and signed by Renter and Owner.
- Definitions: For the purposes of the Agreement, the following terms are specifically defined:
- “Additional Authorized Driver(s)” (AAD(s)) means any individual in addition to Renter who is permitted by Owner to operate Vehicle. This includes individuals identified on the Summary as ADDITIONAL AUTHORIZED DRIVER(S), and with the permission of Renter, includes Renter’s spouse or domestic partner (same or opposite sex) who meets the minimum rental age and holds a valid license.
- “Optional Accessories” means but is not limited to optional child seats, global positioning systems, ski racks, toll transponders and/or other products accepted by Renter.
- “Owner” for the purposes of this agreement means any person, company, entity, or agent with a legal interest in the rental vehicle, whether this is specifically WR Leasing, LLC, an owner, principal or member of WR Leasing, LLC, or any person and/or agent authorized to represent and/or do business on behalf of WR Leasing, LLC or Texas Body Works, LLC, any institution which may maintain a lien of any kind on the vehicle, including a bank or financial institution, or any other entity associated and doing regular business with WR Leasing, LLC, or Texas Body Works, LLC;
- “Rental Period” means the period between the time Renter takes possession of Vehicle until Vehicle is returned or recovered and in either case, checked in by Owner.
- “Renter” means the person, or entity identified on the Summary as “RENTER”;
- “Vehicle” means the original vehicle identified by make, model and VIN# on the Summary, or any replacement vehicle(s).
- Ownership/Vehicle Condition/Warranty Exclusion. Renter acknowledges that Vehicle and any Optional Accessories are, by ownership, beneficial interest or lease, property of Owner or its affiliate, even if owned, registered or titled to a third party. Renter is not an agent of Owner and has no authority to bind Owner. Renter agrees Renter received Vehicle and any Optional Accessories in good physical and mechanical condition. RENTER IS TAKING POSSESSION OF VEHICLE AND ANY OPTIONAL ACCESSORIES “AS IS” AND HAS HAD AN ADEQUATE OPPORTUNITY TO INSPECT VEHICLE AND ANY OPTIONAL ACCESSORIES AND THEIR OPERATION. OWNER EXCLUDES ALL WARRANTIES, BOTH EXPRESS AND IMPLIED, WITH RESPECT TO THE VEHICLE AND ANY OPTIONAL ACCESSORIES, INCLUDING ANY IMPLIED WARRANTY OF MERCHANTABILITY OR FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE. Renter agrees not to alter or tamper with Vehicle or any Optional Accessories. If Renter or AAD(s) determines Vehicle or any Optional Accessories is unsafe, Renter or AAD(s) shall stop operating Vehicle and any Optional Accessories and notify Owner immediately.
- Payment by Renter.
“Base Rental Rate”:
(1) For items designated as either “/day”, “/week” or “/month” on the Summary:
- If “day = 24 hour period”, “/day” is each consecutive 24 hours beginning at the start time of the rental.
- If “day = calendar day”, “/day” is each consecutive full or partial day of the week.
iii. “/week” is 7 consecutive 24 hour days beginning at the start time of the rental.
- “/month” is 30 consecutive 24 hour days beginning at the start time of the rental.
- Unless expressly modified on the Summary, all charges are for a minimum of 1 day.
(2) Renter shall pay Owner, its affiliates or agents amounts as set forth on the Summary for:
- The day, week and/or monthly charges on the Summary for the Rental Period. If, without prior approval, Vehicle is returned during non-business hours or to any place other than the Branch Address on the Summary, all rental charges incurred through the time an employee of Owner checks in Vehicle are Renter’s responsibility.
- The other fees and charges (none of which are taxes) including but not limited to:
(3) The fuel charge at the rate shown on the Summary. If based on consumption and Vehicle is returned with less fuel than when rented, the charge shall be for the Owner’s estimated difference in fuel level shown on the fuel gauge from the time Vehicle is rented to the time it is returned. Renter shall not receive a refund or credit if Vehicle is returned with more fuel than when Renter received it. If Renter purchases the Fuel Service Option, then Renter’s fuel charge shall be the per gallon charge multiplied by the fuel tank capacity of Vehicle rented. Renter shall not receive a refund or credit for any unused fuel.
- Additional Obligations of Renter – Unless prohibited by law, Renter shall pay Owner, its affiliates or agents:
(1) If Renter returns the vehicle to a location other than the designated return location, without prior written authorization and approval, a vehicle recovery fee, unscheduled one-way fee or drop charge fee shall be applied, which shall be no more than the greater of: a) $300.00; or b) $1.50 per mile between return location and original rental office.
(2) For damage to, loss or theft of Vehicle or Optional Accessories, including all related costs.
(3) A fee to clean the Vehicle’s interior upon return if there are excessive stains, pet hair/fur, trash, odors or other soilage.
(4) All fines, costs, charges and attorneys’ fees paid or to be paid by Owner, its affiliates or a third party for legal violations, parking, tolls, towing and storage and the like occurring during the Rental Period (Fines, Tolls and Violations). Without advance notice, Renter agrees to the payment of all Fines, Tolls and Violations by Owner, its affiliates or a third party, and that such amounts, plus Processing Fees, may be collected from Renter by Owner, its affiliates or a third party. Renter agrees that such collection is not a transfer of liability where prohibited. Renter agrees that such payment may prejudice, waive, and relinquish (and Renter agrees to waive and relinquish) Renter’s ability and right to contest Fines, Tolls and Violations and/or any legal violation underlying same (Violative Action) with the applicable authority. Owner, its affiliates or a third party may assess a fee of up to $25 per each of the Fines, Tolls and Violations (Processing Fees) to apply towards all costs incurred in connection with the Fines, Tolls and Violations and their administration.
(5) All expenses incurred by Owner in the collection of amounts due Owner under the Agreement or in regaining possession of Vehicle or in enforcing any term or condition of the Agreement, including attorneys’ fees, Owner’s administrative fees, and any other costs or expenses incurred by Owner.
(6) The fee equal to the estimated cost of lost, stolen, or temporarily misplaced keys, key fobs and transponders.
(7) RENTER EXPRESSLY AUTHORIZES OWNER OR ITS AFFILIATE TO TRANSFER AND PROVIDE TO ANY THIRD PARTY, WITHOUT NOTICE TO RENTER, RENTER’S NAME, ADDRESS, CREDIT CARD INFORMATION AND ALL OTHER DATA NECESSARY TO PROCESS PAYMENT FOR, ENABLE THE COLLECTION OF, OR TRANSFER LIABILITY FOR ALL AMOUNTS RENTER IS OBLIGATED TO PAY, INCLUDING, WITHOUT LIMITATION, TOLLS AND ASSOCIATED CHARGES INCURRED DURING THE RENTAL PERIOD, AND ANY FINES, TOLLS, VIOLATIONS, PROCESSING FEES, OR ANY VIOLATIVE ACTION.
- Agreements and acknowledgements regarding payment cards:
(1) IF A CREDIT CARD OR DEBIT CARD IS PRESENTED AS A MEANS OF PAYMENT, DEPOSIT OR SECURITY, RENTER AUTHORIZES OWNER TO SUBMIT FOR PAYMENT ON SUCH CARD(S) ALL AMOUNTS OWED UNDER THE AGREEMENT INCLUDING IF ANY THIRD PARTY TO WHOM A BILLING WAS DIRECTED REFUSES TO MAKE PAYMENT. IF OWNER INITIATES ANY CHARGE THAT IS DISHONORED, RENTER AUTHORIZES OWNER TO RE-INITIATE SAID CHARGE WITHOUT FURTHER AUTHORIZATION FROM RENTER.
(2) The authorization or deposit amount on the Summary will be taken by Owner as an authorization or sale. Such funds will not be available for use by Renter until after Vehicle is returned. One or more incremental authorizations and/or deposits may be taken during the Rental Period if Renter incurs additional charges.
(3) Renter acknowledges final amounts charged to Renter’s card may exceed amounts shown on the Summary, if Renter incurs charges not included in such amounts.
- Prohibited Use and Termination of Right to Use.
- Renter agrees to the following limits on use:
(1) Vehicle shall not be driven by any person other than Renter or AAD(s) without Owner’s prior written consent.
(2) Vehicle shall not be used for transporting persons for hire; as a school bus; or for driver training or testing.
(3) Vehicle shall not be used for transport of products for hire as a common carrier, a contract carrier or a private carrier of property.
(4) Vehicle shall not be used for: any illegal purposes; in any illegal, fraudulent, or reckless manner; in a race or speed contest; or to tow or push anything.
(5) Vehicle shall not be used to carry passengers in excess of the number of seat belts provided by manufacturer or outside of the passenger compartment.
(6) Renter shall not remove any seats from Vehicle.
(7) Vehicle shall not be driven by any person impaired or under the influence by the use of narcotics, alcohol, intoxicants, or drugs, used with or without a prescription.
(8) Vehicle shall not be loaded in excess of Vehicle’s Gross Vehicle Weight Rating (GVWR) which is, weight of Vehicle plus weight of load, as indicated on the driver side door jam, or with an improperly or unevenly divided load as per Vehicle manufacturer’s specifications and/or guidelines.
(9) Vehicle shall not be driven on an unpaved road or off-road.
(10) Vehicle shall not be operated by anyone: who has given a fictitious name, false address, or a false or invalid driver’s license; whose driver’s license becomes invalid during the Rental Period; who has obtained the keys without permission of Owner; or who misrepresents or withholds facts to/from Owner material to rental, use or operation of Vehicle.
(11) Renter shall not transfer or assign the Agreement and/or sublease Vehicle.
(12) Vehicle shall not be used to store or transport explosives, chemicals, corrosives or other hazardous materials or pollutants of any kind or nature.
(13) Vehicle shall not be used for testing Vehicle’s technological components or capabilities.
(14) Renter shall not drive, or in any way allow vehicle to be taken into Mexico.
- Renter agrees to return Vehicle and any Optional Accessories to Owner on or before return date to the address stated on the Summary or on Owner’s demand and in same condition as received, ordinary wear and tear excepted. Extensions to Rental Period are at Owner’s option.
- In the event of any violation of the limits on use or any other provision of the Agreement, Owner automatically, without any further notice to Renter or AAD(s), terminates their right to use Vehicle and Owner retains any other rights and remedies provided by law. Owner has the right to seize Vehicle without legal process or notice to Renter or AAD(s). Renter and AAD(s) hereby waive all claims for damages connected with such seizure, including loss or damage to contents, and shall pay all expenses incurred by Owner in returning the Vehicle to the original rental office.
- If Renter or AAD(s) continue to operate Vehicle after the right to do so is terminated, Owner has the right to notify police Vehicle has been stolen. Renter and AAD(s) hereby release and discharge Owner from and indemnify, defend and hold Owner harmless against any liability arising from such notice. Renter remains responsible for all charges, costs, taxes, fees and obligations as set forth in Paragraph 3.
- Insurance Required. RENTER MUST HAVE AND PROVIDE PROOF OF CURRENT, VALID AUTOMOBILE INSURANCE PRIOR TO THE TIME OF THE EXECUTION OF THIS AGREEMENT.
ANY DAMAGE TO THE VEHICLE OCCURING DURING THE TERM OF THE RENTAL SHALL BE THE SOLE RESPONSIBILITY OF RENTER.
ANY CLAIM(S) OF PERSONAL INJURY ARISING OUT OF ANY INCIDENT OCCURING DURING THE RENTAL TERM SHALL BE THE SOLE RESPONSIBILITY OF RENTER.
RENTER AGREES TO INDEMINFY AND HOLD HARMLESS OWNER FROM ANY AND ALL LOSSES, LIABILITIES, DAMAGES, PERSONAL INJURIES, CLAIMS, DEMANDS, ATTORNEYS FEES, COSTS AND EXPENSES ARISING OUT OF OR CONNECTED WITH THE POSSESSION OR USE OF THE RENTAL VEHICLE DURING THE RENTAL TERM, INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO ANY AND ALL CLAIMS OF OR LIABILITIES TO THIRD PARTIES.
THESE PROVISIONS EXTEND TO RENTER, ANY AUTHORIZED DRIVER AND ANY OTHER PERSON WHO, WITH OR WITHOUT RENTER’S PERMISSION, OPERATES VEHICLE DURING THE RENTAL TERM.
- Accidents. Damage to, loss or theft of Vehicle must be immediately reported in writing to the office where Vehicle was rented, and in no event later than the following business day after the accident. Renter and AAD(s) must immediately deliver to the office where Vehicle was rented every process, pleading or paper relating to any claims, suits or proceedings arising from such accident. In the event of a claim, suit or legal proceeding, Renter and AAD(s) shall cooperate fully with Owner and its representatives including any request for statements, written or oral, including under oath, and/or items Owner or its representatives deems related to the adjustment of any claim, suit or proceeding. Vehicle may be equipped with an Event Data Recorder (EDR), infotainment system and/or similar technology for the purpose of recording data about the operation and/or use of Vehicle. To the extent permitted by law, Renter consents to Owner or its representatives retrieving and using such data from the EDR or otherwise, including during the adjustment of any claim, suit or legal proceeding.
- Damage to, Loss, Modification or Theft of, Vehicle, Optional Accessories and Related Costs. Except to the extent restricted, modified or limited by State law, Renter accepts responsibility for damage to, loss, modification or theft of, Vehicle, Optional Accessories or any part or accessory occurring during the Rental Period regardless of fault or negligence of Renter or any other person or act of God. Renter shall pay Owner the amount necessary to repair Vehicle or Optional Accessories. Renter shall not have Vehicle or Optional Accessories repaired without permission from Owner. If Vehicle is stolen and not recovered or Owner determines Vehicle is salvage, Renter shall pay Owner the fair market value less any sale proceeds. For purposes of the Agreement, fair market value shall be the retail value of Vehicle immediately preceding the loss. If Optional Accessories are not returned Renter shall pay Owner the replacement cost of the Optional Accessories. Renter is responsible for all towing, storage or impound fees, and other costs incurred by Owner to recover Vehicle and to establish damages. Renter agrees to pay a sum for loss of use, regardless of fleet utilization, calculated as follows: (i) if Owner determines Vehicle is repairable: total labor hours from the repair estimate divided by 4 multiplied by the daily rate (including any Car Class Change) on the Summary; (ii) if Vehicle is stolen and not recovered or Owner determines Vehicle is salvage: 15 days at the daily rate on the Summary. Renter also agrees to pay: (a) an administrative fee of $50.00 when the repair estimate is less than $500.00 or $100.00 when the repair estimate is between $500.00 and $1,500.00 or $150.00 if greater than $1,500.00; (b) a sum for diminishment of value if Vehicle is repairable calculated as 10% of the repair estimate if the damages are greater than $499.99. If Vehicle is returned during non-business hours or to any place other than the address on the Summary, any damage to, loss or theft of, Vehicle or Optional Accessories occurring prior to an employee of Owner checking in and inspecting Vehicle is Renter’s responsibility.
- Responsibility to Third Parties. Owner or its affiliate complies with applicable motor vehicle financial responsibility laws as an insured, self-insurer, bondholder, or cash depositor. Except to the extent required by the motor vehicle financial responsibility laws of the applicable state or otherwise by law or the Agreement, neither Owner or its affiliate extends any of its motor vehicle financial responsibility or provides insurance coverage to Renter, AAD(s), passengers or third parties through the Agreement. If liability insurance or self insurance is available on any basis to Renter, AAD(s) or any other driver and such insurance or self insurance satisfies the applicable state motor vehicle financial responsibility law, then Owner or its affiliate as the case may be extends none of its motor vehicle financial responsibility. However, if Renter and AAD(s) are in compliance with the terms and conditions of the Agreement and if Owner or its affiliate is obligated to extend its motor vehicle financial responsibility to Renter, AAD(s) or third parties, then Owner’s or its affiliate’s obligation is limited to the applicable state minimum financial responsibility amounts. Renter and AAD’s agree that any misrepresentation, false or misleading information supplied to Owner or Owner’s Representatives and/or refusal to cooperate with Owner or Owner’s representatives during any claim, suit or proceeding may result in the declination of any such claim. Unless required by law, Owner’s or its affiliate’s financial responsibility shall not extend to any claim made by a passenger while riding in or on or getting in or out of Vehicle. Financial responsibility shall not extend to liability imposed or assumed by anyone under any worker’s compensation act, plan or contract.
- Indemnification by Renter. Renter shall defend, indemnify and hold Owner or its affiliate(s) harmless from all losses, liabilities, damages, injuries, claims, demands, costs, attorney fees and other expenses incurred by Owner and/or its affiliate(s) in any manner from this rental transaction, or from the use of Vehicle or Optional Accessories by any person, including claims of, or liabilities to, third parties. Renter may present a claim to Renter’s insurance carrier for such events or losses; but in any event, Renter shall have final responsibility to Owner or its affiliate(s) for all such losses.
- Personal Injury Protection and Uninsured/Underinsured Motorist Protection. Except as required by law, Owner or its affiliate do not provide Personal Injury Protection, No Fault Benefits or Medical Payment Coverage (collectively PIP) or Uninsured/Underinsured Motorist Protection (UM/UIM) through the Agreement. If Owner or its affiliate is required by law to provide PIP and/or UM/UIM, Renter expressly selects such protection in the minimum limits with the maximum deductible and expressly waives and rejects PIP and/or UM/UIM limits in excess of the minimum limits required by law. Renter and AAD’s agree that any misrepresentation, false or misleading information supplied to Owner or Owner’s Representatives and/or refusal to cooperate with Owner or Owner’s representatives during any claim, suit or proceeding may result in the declination of any such claim.
- Personal Property.Owner is not responsible for any damage to, loss or theft of Renter’s personal property or data contained therein, whether the damage or theft occurs during or after termination of the rental regardless of fault or negligence. Renter acknowledges and agrees that no bailment is or shall be created upon Owner, whether actual, constructive or otherwise, for any personal property carried in or left in Vehicle or on Owner’s premises. Owner is not liable for and Renter shall defend, indemnify and hold Owner and its affiliate(s) harmless from all losses, liabilities, damages, injuries, claims, demands, costs, attorney fees and other expenses incurred by Owner or its affiliate(s) or in any way arises out of Renter’s or Renter’s passengers failure to remove any personal property, including but not limited to data or records of Renter or Renter’s passengers downloaded or otherwise transferred to Vehicle. Owner is not responsible for and Renter releases Owner from any claim or cause of action which may arise from a prior renter’s or passenger’s failure to remove any personal property, data or records from Vehicle. Renter acknowledges and agrees that no bailment is or shall be created upon Owner, whether actual, constructive or otherwise, for any personal property carried in or left in Vehicle or on Owner’s premises.
- Third Party Proceeds. If a third party, including, without limitation, an insurance company, authorizes payment of any amount owed by Renter under the Agreement, Renter hereby assigns to Owner Renter’s right to receive such payment. Only those amounts actually paid by a third party to Owner shall reduce the amount owed by Renter under the Agreement; provided however, certain third parties may have agreed to pay Owner a flat fee for this rental in lieu of Owner’s “/day” charges or the per diem benefits under the applicable insurance policy. In such event the flat fee might exceed or be less than: the normal “/day” charges as calculated under the Agreement; or the per diem benefits. In such event the flat fee might exceed or be less than: the normal “/day” charges as calculated under the Agreement; or the per diem benefits under the applicable insurance policy. Regardless of the amounts paid under such flat fee agreement, third party payments shall not be applied to: vehicle upgrades or optional products (beyond those provided by the third party); or, rental days beyond those specified by the third party. Renter remains responsible for all charges not paid by the third parties, such as charges for vehicle upgrades, optional products, extra rental days, and all other charges.
- Power of Attorney. Renter hereby grants and appoints to Owner a Limited Power of Attorney:
- To present insurance claims of any type to Renter’s insurance carrier and/or credit card company if:
- Vehicle is damaged, lost or stolen during the Rental Period and if Renter fails to pay for any damages; or
- Any liability claims against Owner arise in connection with this rental transaction and Renter fails to defend, indemnify and hold Owner harmless from such claims;
- To endorse Renter’s name to entitle Owner to receive insurance, credit card and/or debit card payments directly for any such claims, damages, liabilities or rental charges.
- Severability. If any provision of the Agreement is determined to be unlawful, contrary to public policy, void or unenforceable, all remaining provisions shall continue in full force and effect.
- Limitation of Remedy/No Consequential Damages. If Owner breaches any of its obligations under the Agreement and/or if Vehicle has any mechanical failure or other failure not caused by Renter or AAD(s) and if Owner is liable under applicable law for such breach or Vehicle failure, Owner’s sole liability to Renter and AAD(s) and Renter’s and AAD(s)’ sole remedy is limited to the substitution of another similar Vehicle by Owner to Renter and to recovery by Renter of the pro rata daily rental rate for the period in which Renter or AAD(s) did not have use of Vehicle or substitute Vehicle. RENTER AND AAD(s) WAIVE ALL CLAIMS FOR CONSEQUENTIAL, PUNITIVE, AND INCIDENTAL DAMAGES THAT MIGHT OTHERWISE BE AVAILABLE TO RENTER OR AAD(s). SUCH DAMAGES ARE EXCLUDED AND NOT AVAILABLE TO RENTER OR AAD(s).Renter further acknowledges that any personal data or information downloaded or transferred to Vehicle may not be secure and may be accessible after the Rental Period. Renter releases Owner from any liability resulting from or otherwise arising out of any such data or information being accessed and/or utilized by a third party.
- Headings. The headings of the numbered paragraphs of the Agreement are for convenience only, are not part of the Agreement and do not in any way limit, modify or amplify the terms and conditions of the Agreement.
- Contact with Renter via Text & Call.Renter agrees that Owner and/or Owner’s representative may use reasonable efforts to communicate with Renter through texts and/or telephone calls to the number(s) provided to Owner by Renter. Renter hereby provides express consent for Owner or Owner’s representative to contact Renter at the phone number(s) provided in connection with the Agreement. Renter’s consent to receiving these calls or texts is not a condition of any purchase or rental agreement.
- Choice of Law.All terms and conditions of the Agreement shall be interpreted, construed and enforced pursuant to the law of the State where the Agreement is executed by Renter without giving effect to the conflict of laws and/or provisions of such State.
- Dispute Resolution Provision - Mandatory Arbitration Agreement: RENTER AND OWNER EACH WAIVE THEIR RIGHT TO A JURY TRIAL OR TO PARTICIPATE IN A CLASS ACTION PURSUANT TO THE FOLLOWING TERMS. RENTER AND OWNER AGREE TO ARBITRATE ANY AND ALL CLAIMS, CONTROVERSIES OR DISPUTES OF ANY KIND (“CLAIMS”) AGAINST EACH OTHER ARISING OUT OF OR RELATING IN ANY WAY TO THE AGREEMENT, INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO, CLAIMS RELATING TO OWNER’S PRODUCTS AND SERVICES, CHARGES, ADVERTISINGS, OR RENTAL VEHICLES. FOR THE PURPOSES OF THIS DISPUTE RESOLUTION PROVISION, “RENTER” ALSO INCLUDES ANY AUTHORIZED DRIVER UNDER THE AGREEMENT, AND ANY OF RENTER’S AGENTS, BENEFICIARIES OR ASSIGNS, OR ANYONE ACTING ON BEHALF OF THE FOREGOING, AND “OWNER” ALSO INCLUDES ANY OF ITS EMPLOYEES, AGENTS, AFFILIATES, PARENTS, SUBSIDIARIES, BENEFICIARIES, ASSIGNS, AND VENDORS, INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO ITS SERVICE PROVIDERS AND MARKETING PARTNERS. RENTER AND OWNER AGREE THAT NO CLAIMS WILL BE PURSUED OR RESOLVED AS PART OF A CLASS ACTION, PRIVATE ATTORNEY GENERAL OR OTHER REPRESENTATIVE ACTION OR PROCEEDING, THAT NO ARBITRATION FORUM WILL HAVE JURISDICTION TO DECIDE ANY CLAIMS ON A CLASS-WIDE, COLLECTIVE, OR CONSOLIDATED BASIS, AND THAT NO RULES OR OTHER PROCEDURES FOR CLASS-WIDE OR COLLECTIVE ARBITRATION WILL APPLY. This Dispute Resolution Provision is to be broadly interpreted and applies to all Claims based in contract, tort, statute, or any other legal theory, and all Claims that arose prior to or after termination of the Rental Period. However, the parties agree that either party may bring an individual action in a small claims court with valid jurisdiction, provided that the action remains in that court (other than any appeal of the small claims court ruling), is made on behalf of or against Renter only and is not made part of a class action, private attorney general action or other representative or collective action. The parties also agree that claims against or by a third-party insurance company ostensibly providing coverage to Renter or any AAD or the application of Owner’s financial responsibility relating to the use or operation of Vehicle may be brought in a court with valid jurisdiction.
(1) Procedure. A party must send a written Notice of Dispute (“Notice”) describing (a) the nature and basis of the claim; and (b) the relief sought, to the other party. The Notice to Owner should be addressed to: WR Leasing, LLC, 2415 Midway Rd #111, Carrollton, Texas 75006 (“Notice Address”). If Owner and Renter do not resolve the claim within thirty (30) days after the Notice is received, a party may commence an arbitration by filing a demand for arbitration with the American Arbitration Association (“AAA”) pursuant to its Consumer Arbitration Rules. Claims will be resolved pursuant to the AAA’s Consumer Arbitration Rules in effect at the time of the demand, as modified by this agreement. However, a single arbitrator will be selected according to AAA’s Commercial Arbitration Rules. The arbitrator will conduct hearings at a location which is reasonably convenient to both parties with due consideration of their ability to travel and other pertinent circumstances. If the parties are unable to agree on a location, such determination should be made by the AAA or by the arbitrator. Alternatively, the arbitrator may opt to conduct hearings by teleconference or videoconference, rather than by personal appearances, unless the arbitrator determines upon request by Renter or Owner that an in-person hearing is appropriate. The AAA rules are available online at www.adr.org. Except as required by law, neither a party nor an arbitrator may disclose the existence, content or results of any dispute or arbitration hereunder without the prior written consent of both parties.
(2) Arbitrator’s Authority: The arbitrator is bound by the Agreement, the Federal Arbitration Act (“FAA”) and AAA’s Consumer Arbitration Rules. The arbitrator has no authority to join or consolidate claims, or adjudicate joined and consolidated claims. The arbitrator has exclusive authority to resolve any dispute relating to the scope, interpretation, applicability, enforceability or formation of the Agreement, including whether it is void. The parties agree that the arbitrator’s decision and award will be final and binding and may be confirmed or challenged in any court with jurisdiction as permitted under the FAA. The arbitrator can award the same damages and relief as a court, but only in favor of an individual party and for a party’s individual claim.
(3) Arbitration Costs: Renter will be responsible for his/her share of any arbitration fees (e.g., filing, administrative, etc.), but only up to the amount of filing fees Renter would incur if the claims were filed in court. Owner will be responsible for all additional arbitration fees. Renter is responsible for all other costs/fees that it incurs in arbitration, e.g., fees for attorneys, expert witnesses, etc. Renter will not be required to reimburse Owner for any fees unless the arbitrator finds that the substance of Renter’s claim(s) or the relief sought is frivolous. If the arbitrator makes such a finding, AAA Rules will govern the payment of all fees, and Owner may seek reasonable attorney’s fees. Owner will pay all fees and costs it is required by law to pay.
(4) Governing Law and Enforcement: Notwithstanding anything to the contrary, this Dispute Resolution Provision is made pursuant to a transaction involving interstate commerce, and shall be governed by the FAA, 9 U.S.C. §§ 1-16. This Dispute Resolution Provision was drafted in compliance with the laws in all states, however, if any portion of it is deemed to be invalid or unenforceable or is found not to apply to a claim, the remainder of this Dispute Resolution Provision remains in full force and effect. Except, if the class-arbitration waiver provision is deemed unenforceable, any class action claim(s) must proceed in a court of competent jurisdiction.
Signed and Agreed: